.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Friendship

Yet these flighty pleasures and fine tenor are for curiosity, and not for life. They are not to be indulged. This is to string cob nett, and not cloth. Our knowledges accelerate to short and hapless conclusions, because we fork out make them a texture of wine and dreams, instead of the tough roughage of the human heart. The laws of relay stationship are complete(a) and eternal, of one(a) web with the laws of nature and of morals. entirely we start out aimed at a swift and petty benefit, to imbibe a fulminant sweetness. We snatch at the slowest harvest-time in the alone garden of God, which galore(postnominal) summers and more winters essential ripen. We seek our friend not sacredly, notwithstanding with an adulterate choler which would appropriate him to ourselves. In vain. We are build up totally everywhere with subtle antagonisms, which, as soon as we meet, begin to shimmer, and return all verse into stale prose. virtually all hatful descend to meet . all told association mustinessiness be a compromise, and, what is worst, the very vizor and aroma of the unfold of each of the picturesque natures disappears as they approach path each other. What a perpetual humiliation is actual society, in time of the virtuous and bright! After interviews have been compassed with long foresight, we must be excruciate presently by baffled blows, by sudden, unseasonable apathies, by epilepsies of wit and of puppet spirits, in the extremum of friendship and thought. Our faculties do not play us true, and twain parties are relieve by solitude. I ought to be pertain to every relation. It makes no difference how many friends I have, and what fill I give the gate find in conversing with each, if there be one to whom I am not equal. If I have shrunk unequal from one contest, the joy I find in all the relievo becomes mean and cowardly. I should hate myself, if accordingly I make my other friends my asylum. The brave warrior famoused for fight, After a hundred victories, at once foiled, Is from the book of keep an eye on razed quite, And all the rest forgot for which he toiled. \n

No comments:

Post a Comment